General Election 2020!
If you want to elect Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and all of our local Democrats and deliver a crushing defeat to Donald Trump, here's what you can do.
Phone Bank. Direct voter contact is the name of the game. Your voice is powerful and you can make a difference - one conversation at a time. We are phone banking every Tuesday (5-8 PM) and Saturday (12-3 PM) until the last day of voting - Nov 3rd. Click below to sign-up for one and make calls for Democracy!
Text Bank. We will be text banking on Saturday, October 24 (from 10 AM to 12 PM) and on Friday October 30 (from 5-7 PM) to get out the vote. Click below to RSVP.
Join the Early Voting Site Team. Sign up for shifts at an Early Voting Site in Miami Beach to distribute slate cards (Voter Guides). This is an easy and incredibly important way to make a difference. It is outside the voting site and can be a completely socially distanced job. You will be given all the info and supplies you need to work with the team volunteering at your site. Click below to sign up for one (or both) of our early voting sites.
Lit Drop in Mid-Beach. Drop off bags of vote-by-mail kits and campaign literature for down-ballot Dems in the Mid-Beach area. Saturday, October 24, 10 AM. Sponsored by the Donna Shalala campaign.
Vote Blue Honk & Wave. Hit the streets for a show of force to get out the vote! Meet in front of Trader Joe's on 17th St. Wednesday, October 28 from 5 to 7 PM.
Get a Yard Sign. Show that your neighborhood is Joe Biden territory! We've got a stack of official Biden/Harris yard signs and we are dying to see them all over Miami Beach! Fill out our request form and we will either deliver them to you (Miami Beach city limits only) or arrange a drive-thru pickup.
Election Night Watch Party. Join our watch party on Zoom to support the victory of Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and the Democratic ticket!
More. See our Events page for more events.
Follow us on Social Media.
2020 and Beyond
There are lots of ways you can get involved to help us build grassroots power in Miami Beach and beyond! Here are just some of the things you can do:
- Become a member: Becoming a member of the Miami Beach Democratic Club enables you to vote on resolutions and in club elections, and to run for club office. In short, it gives you a voice in shaping the club's future! Dues are just $25 for the year and payable by cash, check, or credit card at one of our meeting or events, or pay by credit card through our website.
- Become a building or neighborhood organizer: If you want to help TURN FLORIDA BLUE in 2020, sign up to become a neighborhood or building organizer. These are trained, committed volunteers who make contact with Democrats in their neighborhood or building to make sure they're energized and ready to vote! Organizers are expected to volunteer at least six hours a month making phone calls, knocking on doors, attending community events, and registering voters.
Join a club committee: You can also join any of the following committees:
- Campaign: This committee works to involve candidates and elected officials in club events. Email Campaign Chair Matthew Land at email@example.com for more.
- Communications: This committee manages the club's email and social media channels. Email Communications Co-Chairs Oliva Fernández and Steve Hawes at firstname.lastname@example.org more information.
- Data: This committee analyzes election results on Miami Beach to help us effectively target future efforts to register and mobilize voters. This committee currently does not have a chair—email Club President Matthew Land at email@example.com if you're interested in taking this on, or to learn more.
- Fundraising: This committee helps raise money to support the club's programs. Email Fundraising Chair Victoria Villamil at firstname.lastname@example.org for more.
- Outreach: This committee helps grow the club's membership and maintains good relationships with other local groups. Email Outreach Chair Amanda Knapp at email@example.com for more.
- Program: This committee keeps track of local issues and organizes programming that is of interest to the club's membership. Email Program Chair Bill Warren at firstname.lastname@example.org for more.
- Voter Registration: This committee organizes and leads voter registration events for the club. Email our Voter Registration Chair at email@example.com for more.