There are lots of ways you can get involved to help us build grassroots power in Miami Beach and beyond! Here are just some of the things you can do:
- Become a member: Becoming a member of the Miami Beach Democratic Club enables you to vote on resolutions and in club elections, and to run for club office. In short, it gives you a voice in shaping the club's future! Dues are just $25 for the year and payable by cash, check, or credit card at one of our meeting or events, or pay by credit card through our website.
- Become a building or neighborhood organizer: If you want to help TURN FLORIDA BLUE in 2020, sign up to become a neighborhood or building organizer. These are trained, committed volunteers who make contact with Democrats in their neighborhood or building to make sure they're energized and ready to vote! Organizers are expected to volunteer at least six hours a month making phone calls, knocking on doors, attending community events, and registering voters.
Join a club committee: You can also join any of the following committees:
- Campaign: This committee works to involve candidates and elected officials in club events. Email Campaign Chair Matthew Land at email@example.com for more.
- Communications: This committee manages the club's email and social media channels. Email Communications Chair Christopher Richmond at firstname.lastname@example.org for more.
- Data: This committee analyzes election results on Miami Beach to help us effectively target future efforts to register and mobilize voters. This committee currently does not have a chair—email Club President Dan Royles at email@example.com if you're interested in taking this on, or to learn more.
- Fundraising: This committee helps raise money to support the club's programs. Email Fundraising Chair Victoria Villamil at firstname.lastname@example.org for more.
- Outreach: This committee helps grow the club's membership and maintains good relationships with other local groups. Email Outreach Chair Amanda Knapp at email@example.com for more.
- Program: This committee keeps track of local issues and organizes programming that is of interest to the club's membership. Email Program Chair Bill Warren at firstname.lastname@example.org for more.
- Voter Registration: This committee organizes and leads voter registration events for the club. Email Voter Registration Chair Honey Bernstein at email@example.com for more.