As we gear up to elect Democrats up and down the ballot in 2020, we want everyone to get more involved in the Miami Beach Democratic Club! Ready to level up? Here are some of the things you can do:
Become a Member
Member dues keep the club running, so that we can help elect Democrats to all levels of political office. You can pay your $25 annual dues in person (cash, check, or credit) at our meetings, or on our website. Not sure if you're paid up? Email our club secretary Ileana Oroza (email@example.com) to find out.
Join a Committee
Committees take care of different aspects of club business:
- Campaign: This committee works to involve candidates and elected officials in club events. Email Campaign Chair Matthew Land at firstname.lastname@example.org for more.
- Communications: This committee manages the club's email and social media channels. Email Communications Chair Christopher Richmond at email@example.com for more.
- Data: This committee analyzes election results on Miami Beach to help us effectively target future efforts to register and mobilize voters. This committee currently does not have a chair—email Club President Dan Royles at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in taking this on, or to learn more.
- Fundraising: This committee helps raise money to support the club's programs. Email Fundraising Chair Victoria Villamil at email@example.com for more.
- Neighborhood Organizing: Oversees neighborhood and building organizers on Miami Beach. Contact Janis Good at MiamiBeachDCNBHDOrgChair@gmail.com for more information, and see below to learn about becoming a neighborhood or building organizer.
- Outreach: This committee helps grow the club's membership and maintains good relationships with other local groups. Email Outreach Chair Amanda Knapp at firstname.lastname@example.org for more.
- Program: This committee keeps track of local issues and organizes programming that is of interest to the club's membership. Email Program Chair Bill Warren at email@example.com for more.
- Voter Registration: This committee organizes and leads voter registration events for the club. Email Voter Registration Chair Honey Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org for more.
Become a Neighborhood or Building Organizer
Neighborhood and Building Organizers work in their voting precinct or condo building to build relationships with other Democrats. They serve as the friendly face of the Democratic Party, answer neighbors’ questions, and make sure that other registered Democrats are prepared and excited to vote on Election Day!
Interested in becoming a Neighborhood Organizer? Sign up here.
Tell Your Friends
Reach out to those friends who share our Democratic values to see if they want to get more politically active by joining the Miami Beach Democratic Club. Bring them with you to our next meeting or club event to build even more grassroots strength for 2020—and beyond!
**This blog post was updated on July 20, 2019 to reflect recent changes in club leadership.**