Aurelie Colon Larrauri, our guest speaker from Planned Parenthood, with board member and outreach chair Amanda Knapp.
Welcome New Members!
President's and Vice President's Reports
Non-Profit Spotlight: Planned Parenthood
- HB 235, a six-week abortion ban that would criminalize providers
- SB 558, a dangerous attempt to restrict access to reproductive care
She also mentioned a bill that Planned Parenthood is fighting for:
- HB 227 / SB 412: the Clinic Protection Act, which would protect facilities and workers who provide reproductive health care
- HB 576 / SB 410: would start pilot programs in Duval, Hillsborough and Palm Beach to expand access to Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC)
- HB 49 / SB 332: the Dignity for Incarcerated Women Act (filed by our own state senator Jason Pizzo!), would require correctional facilities to provide incarcerated women with necessary feminine hygiene products, and would restrict male correctional facility employees from conducting pat-down searches or body cavity searches on incarcerated women
Commissioner Michael Góngora
Don't miss our next meeting!
Monday, March 18 at 7pm
Pridelines Boardroom, 1130 Washington Avenue
Voter Registration Drive with Rep. Shalala
- Finnegan's Road — 942 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
- Sunday, March 17, 11am - 3pm
- Congresswoman Donna Shalala will join us afterward for a social event at 3pm
Reminder: March Meeting Location Moved to 1130 Washington Ave.
Dues! Dues! Dues!
We are a club of the Miami-Dade Democratic Party, which is a self-funded, membership-driven organization of dedicated volunteers. Thanks to their hard work over the past two years, we have won three special elections, flipped two congressional seats, and built up a tremendous local infrastructure. But to win in 2020 and remove Trump from office, we need to get even more organized with paid staff, increasing efforts in voter registration, outreach, events, and marketing.
You can help by becoming a sustaining donor of the Miami-Dade Democratic Party today: