The voting season is upon us! The 2021 City of Miami Beach elections will soon take place, with early voting beginning October 18 and the last day on November 2 (unless there is a runoff). We will elect a Mayor and 3 Commissioners, and decide on four ballot questions. This post is your Democratic Voters Guide. Bookmark it and share!
We will be voting for the following seats:
- City Commission, Group 1
- City Commission, Group 3
- Note: City Commission, Group 2 has already been decided
There will also be 4 ballot questions - 2 Referendums and 2 non-binding Straw Ballot Questions. You can read up on these ahead of time in the City of Miami Beach Voter's Guide.
Get to Know the Democrats
We are supporting all of the Democrats running for office. To find out more about each of them, including contact info and how to connect on social media, see our blog post.
We also held a super-informative Democratic Candidate Forum featuring all 6 of the Dems running for office on September 27 and you can watch the replay on our YouTube channel. Watch the candidates answer our questions, then leave a comment and let us know what you think!
Early Voting Info
You may vote early during the following dates and times:
- Mon, October 18, 7 AM - 3 PM
- Tue, October 19, 7 AM - 3 PM
- Wed, October 20, 7 AM - 3 PM
- Thu, October 21, 7 AM - 3 PM
- Fri, October 22, 7 AM - 3 PM
- Sat, October 23, 8 AM - 4 PM
- Sun, October 24, 8 AM - 4 PM
- Mon, October 25, 11 AM - 7 PM
- Tue, October 26, 11 AM - 7 PM
- Wed, October 27, 11 AM - 7 PM
- Thu, October 28, 11 AM - 7 PM
- Fri, October 29, 11 AM - 7 PM
- Sat, October 30, 8 AM - 4 PM
- Sun, October 31, 8 AM - 4 PM
Early voting sites are located at:
- Miami Beach City Hall (First Floor Conference Room) - 1700 Convention Center Drive
- North Shore Branch Library - 7501 Collins Avenue
Do you like the convenience of getting your ballot in the mail? We do! You can request a Vote-by-Mail (VBM) ballot for this election up until October 23. You can request your VBM ballot or check your VBM status at our VBM portal www.VoteFromHome.miami.
Once you get your ballot in the mail, you can return your vote by:
- Mailing it in.
- Dropping it into a secure Ballot Drop Box at an early voting location. Bring your ID.
- Dropping it off at the Elections Department.
- Voting the traditional way - in-person at one of the two Miami Beach early voting locations, or at your voting precinct on the final day of voting (Nov 2).
For more info about voting by mail for this election, see the City of Miami Beach Voter's Guide.
If a runoff election is needed, early voting will take place for 3 days, from Fri, November 12 to Sun, November 14, with in-person / final day of voting on Tue, November 16.
However you decide to vote, we encourage you to do so, and the earlier the better! Reach out to friends and family and help them do the same. When everyone votes, we all win!
Be informed. Be involved. Be election ready.